Wills House, 407 N. 27th Street
Year Built: 1812
Architectural Style: Federal
District: Church Hill North
The largest existing frame house in the district was the home of a wealthy and prominent merchant, Captain Charles Wills. It is the oldest house remaining in Church Hill North. The survival of so many of the original beaded boards is remarkable. The house was restored after Historic Richmond stabilized the property in 1981.The wing now known as number 407 ½ was conveyed as a separate dwelling for the first time in 1904. It retains its original Eastlake porch with elaborate brackets. The large triple window features a massive fanlight.