Goddin-Taylor House, 136-138 W. Clay Street
Year Built: c. 1820
Architectural Style: Federal
District: Jackson Ward
The Goddin-Taylor House is one of the oldest houses in Jackson Ward and illustrates beautifully the typical development of a Richmond townhouse starting from a 2-room Federal style dwelling, with subsequent Greek Revival, Italianate and Queen Anne additions. In 1978, Historic Richmond purchased and restored the property, which had been condemned and deemed beyond repair.