The Golden Hammer Awards were started in 2000 with a goal of honoring excellence in neighborhood revitalization projects throughout Greater Richmond. Last year Historic Richmond partnered with Storefront for Community Design to host the Awards. Over 45 projects were submitted and 8 winners were announced in the categories of best restoration, adaptive reuse, new construction, and placemaking. To read about last year’s winners CLICK HERE. To View all nominations from the 2017 Golden Hammer Awards CLICK HERE.
Join us this year as we recognize professionals working in neighborhood revitalization, blight reduction, and historic preservation in the Richmond region!
2018 Golden Hammer Awards: Call for Nominations
Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2017. All projects nominated must be located in the greater Richmond area (City of Richmond, Counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, and Henrico). One entry per project. Entries must be received by midnight Monday, October 1, 2018.
1. Best Restoration: Includes restoration by a homeowner, contractor, or developer. Includes historic tax credit projects.
2. Best Adaptive Reuse: Includes projects that were rehabilitated for a new use, multi-family residential and historic tax credit projects welcome.
3. Best New Construction: Includes neighborhood infill.
4. Best Placemaking: Arts and culture projects, park and green-space projects, transportation and infastructure projects, or other neighborhood enhancing features.
5. Best Residential: Single-family residential projects.
Applications accepted between June 15 and September 15 at midnight.
Thursday, November 1, 2018
1221 E. Broad Street
Reception & Awards 6:00- 8:00 p.m.
Tickets On Sale Now! Click Here.
PRESS RELEASE: Richmond, Va- June 15, 2018
2018 GOLDEN HAMMER AWARDS WELCOME NOMINATIONS